Friday, February 10, 2012

Million Dollar Idea # 1 Geek/Nerd Cruises

Our subconcious is a very interesting place. It comes up with some crazy things and it comes up with some awesome things, but the trick is to try and remember all this. That is why you sometimes remember dreams but they slowly fade soon afterward. For me it also helps me with ideas, and most times I am able to write some of it down before it leaves me, however (and here is the rub) I usually can't read my writing. However last night I had a thought, not really a dream but a thought. And it is the basis of this the first in a hopefully long series of Million Dollar Ideas I have.

GEEK AND NERD CRUISES:

I am a geek and proud of it. The difference between a geek and nerd is that in my opinion Nerds are smarter Geeks. We have similar interests and dislikes but Nerds just seem smarter to me. Anyhoo think of a comic convention or sci-fi convention but on a cruise ship. Except for dealers you just have your geeks and nerds and their heroes on board doing what they like. Here are some ideas for activities:

Costume contests and Dances, Banks of video games where you can play all day. Dungeons and Dragons competitions. LARPING, Podcasts, Auctions for charity, Trivia contests, workshops and discussions that cover everything from How to make a successful internet show, to making costumes, to beer making, to astronomy, science fiction discussions, whose better Star Wars or Star Trek? Comparing the captains of the various Star Trek shows, movie marathons, an MST3k style show where people make comments about bad movies, Anime marathons, a 24 hr Comic demonstration, signings by stars of Sci-Fi shows, movies, etc. Also have some comics creators onboard. A chance to look at the stars at night from atop the boat, a live version of the great Internet show The Guild, Nerd/Geek standup comedy, orchestral performances, Live filming of an episode of The Big Bang Theory or other Nerd/Geek tv show. Hell if  you even wanted to you go to an island and do a volunteer version of The Hunger Games or Battle Royale.

See MILLION DOLLAR IDEA! So the Felicia Day's, Wil Wheaton's, Nerdists, Nathan Fillion's, Joss Whedon's, JJ Abrams', Bad Astronomers of the world. Get on it! And your welcome for the idea.

1 comment:

  1. *Sigh* I guess there goes our trip to Comic-Con next year.

    I love the idea honey, I hope that someone is able to make it a reality.

    ReplyDelete