Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I am a Dinosaur

I came to the realization this morning that I am a dinosaur. Not in the really cool Velociraptor way but in the old fogey way. My favorite things to get for presents for my birthday, or Christmas are usually DVDs, CDs, Books, and Comic Books. Now all of these things have been digitized. So before I know it DVD, CD, Book, and Comic stores may all be going the way of  the (ahem) dinosaur. But I prefer to physically hold things in my hand, or have them put on shelves so I can peruse what I want to look at, or listen to. Now everything is in IPOD's or Nook's, or IPAD's. So if I get all of these things to get what I like, what will opening presents be like? Gift cards? I like when I receive something from somebody that I can physically hold so I can remember it as a nice gift. Look now that I am older I do realize it is easier for me to just get what I want, and I don't mind gift cards or money, but sometimes having something physical in hand is nice. But I will just need to adjust to the new status quo or to things that are different then I am used to. It's the best I can do to continue to receive excellent gifts from family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the tangible thing. The I love the portability of the Kindle but have used it mostly for the trashy (see: True Blood) that I'm almost embarrassed to buy in the stores.

    ReplyDelete