Thursday, April 29, 2010

End of Days

It's been a while since I've blogged, been busy with my new son. My wife however has taken up the slack with her blog. Anyway I finally had something I wanted to talk about. 2012. If you don't know, December 20, 2012 is when the Mayan calendar ends. Now some people believe that is sign that the end of the world will occur on that day, and scientists and theologists, and climatologists have all gone on record discussing what could happen. Now if that was all that date was known for it would not be such a big deal, but I have also learned that our sun will be in the exact center of the Milky way on that date, again could be a coincidence. I have also heard of an astronomical alignment at that time as well. And then I just heard that the Jewish Calendar supposedly ends at that time as well. So that leaves me scratching my head. Now I don't want the world to end because my daughter will have just turned 6, and my son will be 3. That is not enough time for them to live their life. On top of that I will only have been with my wife for 12 years which again is not enough to be with the woman I love. But I have to admit I am slightly intrigued by what could actually happen, so of course I have been watching all of these shows about 2012 and the end of days.

Then 2010 started. So far this year we have had massive snow storms, two major earthquakes, one so bad that it changed the earth's rotation slightly, the other was devastating. Then we have Volcanoes in Iceland, Tornadoes in the Midwest and now a massive oil spill which is destroying sea life and heading for the coast. Which leads me to predict that someone will be hit with a devastating hurricane this summer or fall. I am not wishing this on anyone, but all signs are pointing to it. Put on top of that all the murders and death that has been going on and it makes you wonder if the end of days is actually starting now and will be climaxing on 12/20/2012. People are saying massive meteor could hit us, gamma rays, and who knows maybe it will be a man-made event such has a nuclear war. All I know is that this year has had an amazing amount of natural disasters, as well as a lot more hatred in the world and maybe just maybe the clock has started ticking on the End of Days. Only time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. I really hope that it doesn't happen babe. I second your thoughts completely.

    ReplyDelete